Commercial Kitchen Hoods
Commercial Kitchen Hood Inspections
A restaurant can be stressful at the best of times and sometimes kitchen maintenance gets pushed to the back burner which could be very dangerous for both your guests and employees. Furthermore the survival of your business may depend on your kitchen hood fire suppression system’s ability to detect and suppress flames before they become uncontrollable.
Commercial kitchen fires can ignite in the blink of an eye and without a dependable and effective fire suppression system they can be detrimental to your employees, customers, and property.
If your commercial kitchen’s fire suppression system needs an inspection, don’t delay … contact Fireworx today! All installations, and inspections will be completed by a licensed fire protection technician. Our teams are on standby and will provide a thorough inspection to ensure your restaurant kitchen hood fire extinguishing system is prepared in any event of a fire.
- 6-month service inspection required
- 6-month pipe blowout (NFPA required).
- 12-year Hydrostatic Test depending on manufacturer
LET FIREWORX USA
ASSESS, DESIGN, IMPLEMENT & MAINTAIN
YOUR FIRE SAFETY SYSTEMS!
Although the National Fire Protection Agency’s (NFPA) requirements vary depending on the type of cooking performed in your commercial kitchen, some requirements are consistent for all kitchen hood fire suppression systems.
NFPA 96 requires that all kitchen hood suppression systems have routine inspections by a licensed fire protection company (like Fire Protection Services) that include:
- Testing the manual pull station
- Replacing the temperature activated links
- Verifying gauge on pressurized tanks
- Removing and clean nozzles
- Documenting and reporting deficiencies to customer
If your kitchen hood fire suppression system hasn’t been inspected recently, please don’t wait. Schedule an inspection to ensure that your kitchen’s hood suppression system is ready to handle any unexpected situation.
Fire Protection Services provides thorough and reliable vent hood fire suppression inspections throughout Texas. When you schedule a kitchen hood suppression inspection with us, our trained technicians will:
- Visually inspect conduit and location of appliance, duct, and plenum nozzles
- Inspect link line and position of detectors
- Inspect the automatic actuation of the fire system by cutting a terminal test link
- Test the remote pull station
- Verify electric and gas shuts off when the system is activated
- Replace fusible links and center link housings
- Verify the gauge on pressurized tanks is at the proper level
- Inspect the internal non-pressurized tanks for corrosion
- Examine cylinders to record and verify the hydro test date
- Examine the regulator to record and verify the test dates
- Replace system cartridges when required by manufacturer (this is done at an additional charge)
- Remove and clean nozzles to ensure they are not clogged and replace nozzle caps
- Test all electrical interlocks (electric shut-offs and fan interlock requirements vary by local AHJs)
- Inspect the piping and copper tubing for tightness
- Record any obvious deficiencies discovered during the inspection
Contact us today to learn how you can benefit from a professional kitchen hood suppression inspection
Get In Touch Today
Committed to safeguarding both life and property from the devastation of fire!
- Always giving honest, clear and trustworthy communications.
- Always adhering to an outstanding code of conduct.
- Always alerting our clients to potential risks or hazards found.
- Always providing free and detailed quotations and assessments.
- Always attentively listening to our customers wants and needs.